Kenmore Fridge Model 25360152993: Intermittent noises from compressor, long run time
Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:50 PM
After merely lurking on this (and other appliance forums), I managed to replace the motor coupling and pump in my long-suffering Whirlpool washer--- but I come before you with a new problem.
I have a Kenmore refrigerator, model 25360152993 (top mount freezer, no icemaker) that has developed an annoying intermittent whine from the compressor.
Symptoms I have noticed:
- The fridge runs far longer than usual in past few days (near continous, in fact)
- While running, there's a loud buzzing noise from the compressor about every four minutes, like CLOCKWORK. Noise lasts about five seconds, then goes away.
- The coils on the back of the fridge aren't as warm as I recall them being before..
What I've done so far--
- Vacuumed all accessible surfaces free of dust. I've cleaned off all the coils, lifted the flap, and vacuumed around the compressor.
- Unplugged fridge for two hours, then plugged back in. Fridge began to run, and didn't make the horribly compressor noise for at least two hours.
- Moved all frozen foods from the top mount freezer to the chest freezer downstairs.
My question for you-- is there anything I can readily check myself, or rule out on my own before calling in the tech?
Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:54 PM
(oh wait. the fridge stopped running now? wow.)
Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:57 AM
It's not the relay, it's the compressor itself. Relay's working fine. Swapped out for a new relay just in case... still no joy.
Compressor's on order--- but still under the warranty!
Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:41 AM
Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:38 PM
The Sears technician that came out for the initial inspection after my wife called said that he's done "quite a few of these compressors in this model series lately", and all seem to have a manufacture date in early 2000.
Waiting on the 2nd box of parts--- 1st box arrived with the compressor... apparently, the compressor clip/kit is in the 2nd box.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users