Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dirty-laundry

Direct Drive Whirlpool - wet clothes

5 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a laundromat and have been receiving complaint about a whirlpool that agitates fine by all indications appears to spin fine, however the clothes in the bottom of the washer tend be very wet when the wash is complete the clothes higher in the basket are damp / almost dry as they should be. The pump seems to be fine - water is coming out very fast. I checked the motor coupling - looks fine. Is it down to the clutch and transmission?  I have a new clutch I plan on trying this weekend. Any other suggestions? Are there kits or parts available for rebuilding the transmission? Has anyone had success rebuilding a transmission for the whirlpool?

It an older machine Model: CA2751XYN0

Thanks,

Eloy @ Dirty Laundry 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Make sure the fill valve is shutting off all of the way, if it is not this would re-wet the laundry if they were not removed right away.  Also run the washer with nothing in the tub, let us see if  too much soap has been put in the washer causing suds lock, which will not let the washer drain or spin properly.  If you get a lot of suds with nothing put in the washer put some liquid fabric softner in there and let it agitate to break up the suds. 

Check your drain< I think it might be plugged a little not allowing the water to escape fast enough 

Thanks for the responses. I took apart the transmission and found one of the parts of the neutral assembly was broke. Replaced the neutral pack assembly, replaced the seals and for 30.00 rebuilt the transmission. It is working fine now.

Thanks again

Thanks for the update!  :dude: