Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
coolfb

Roper RUD3000DB2 Dishwasher problem

6 posts in this topic

Dishwasher will fill with water and nothing else will happen. I can hear timer dial ticking and it will rotate. I checked circuit breaker. Any ideas??

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like your pump/motor is out or the timer is not supplying power to the motor. 

Easiest test to make is to use a non-contact voltage light stick (available at the link below) and see if the motor is getting voltage.  If so, then you need a motor/pump ass'y.  If not, then replace the timer. 

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=430644&Acc=1

Checked the motor power with a multimeter and it is receiving power ~8volts. Thhe motor relay will kick on and the motor will hum and I can see it turn slowly then 5 sec later it will stop and spin the oppposite direction briefly very slow and then it will stop, and I still show power on the meter. Does this sound like a dead motor?

If it is a dead motor would it be wiser and less expensive to purchase a new motor or replace the entire dishwasher? Where would I go to purchase a replacement motor?

Hello, my multimeter friend.  Did you know that your motor requires 120 of your Ameedican alternating current volts in order to function?  Yes, it is true.  What, then, can we say about the 8 volts you measured?  I would peradventure offer two chief possibilities.  Firstly, that you made the measurement incorrectly and thus obtained an erroneous reading.  The other possibility is that your reading is quite accurate, in which case, this means there is a problem upstream, as it were, from the motor. 

Think on these things and Allah shall surely bless you in your endeavors. 

My readings were erroneous I checked again and I am receiving 120v? Sorry for the confusion.