Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sears (Canada) Kenmore Elite Oasis he Clothes Washer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wetpants

wetpants

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:47 AM

I purchased one unit Sept 14, 2006.

Used daily, works fine. We really like it.

We like the promise of new, quiet, energy efficient technology and feel good and proud about our purchase. We did our homework. We really want this new machine to work as well or better than our old 23 yr Inglis Surpurba that I recycled as soon as we installed our new machine.

Oct 5, 2006 first F51 code. I reset it and it works.

Oct 9, 2006 many, many F51 codes and resets. Machine stuck in rinse/spin cycle and keeps filling tub higher and higher.....

Oct 11, 2006 repairman arrives (My wife was able to get the repairman dispatched in two days!) and tests machine. He writes on service order, "Checked over, needs parts listed, parts not available until mid Nov, cust wants exchange, refer to C/S". Parts needed are lower machine harness and RPS sensor.

Hmmmm, now I have a pile of dirty wet pants and nowhere to put them. :')

I am going to return to Sears the Kenmore Elite Oasis he Washer and Dryer set today (about a $2000 sale). The sales manager isn't authorized to compensate me in anyway for my dirty wet pants. It will take 11 days to bring in another unit. I don't want dirty wet pants for 11 more days. I got the Associate Store Manager name, but  posting here makes me feel a whole lot better than talking to someone that really can't do more than the clerk did.

That is my story. If you want to buy this unit, make sure you have a backup plan in place so that you don't end up with 11 day old dirty wet pants........

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

I just had the training on the Whirlpool version of that machine, they call it the Cabrio. It looks like it could be a great machine, but you never know until it hits the public.

In general, I never recommend anyone get something newly designed in the first year of production. They end up doing their product testing in your home at your expense. 

Sorry about the pants..

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

Is this a Fishy-Pickle in disguise?
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

Yes, they bought the technology from F&P.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 wetpants

wetpants

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

Well, to continue the story, before we loaded the machines for return my son (the electrician) says, "let me look at it". Within minutes the motor and top panel are taken apart and he has cleaned all the motor, hall effect sensor and computer harness electrical connectors with Cramolin R-100L. We run through the F51 diagnostics in the manual downloaded from the Whirlpool site. It works fine. Two days and six loads later, it's still working with no problems. Now my pile of dirty wet pants is clean and dry ;+]
I'm happy and Sears C/S still thinks that i'm going to return the units.
Damn, my grandmother was right, it does all come out in the wash.

#6 Dougstar

Dougstar

IkkĊ-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:37 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fisher & Paykel :yikes:
Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics