Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MachinistNotMechanic

freezer doesn't seem to shut off

4 posts in this topic

Hey all back again ,, thanks you all helped me last time and dryer is working like new,,, now my darn freezer in my side by side tappan fridge  Model TRS20WRH seems to keep running and front face in center of fridge frame where door seals contact fridge is extremely hot and seals are as well..  If I turn control to zero freezer will shut off but even at 1 it will come on and just keep running is there a temp senser in the switch ???  Will a hammer be needed ??  I am 6 weeks smoke free but still no paitence and ready to break something..............  Please any suggestions    uhhh on how to fix the fridge,,,,,:yikes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

make sure the fan in the freezer is running at full speed,if it is,and the fan turns freely,defrost timer may have welded contacts.(trying to defrost/run at same time)- the heat between the doors is being caused by the condensor loop that is run through there to prevent sweating- also check for blocked/dirty condensor(coils under fridge) and make sure the fan underneath is operating.

Thanks I will dive in and check all those things as you are refering to the heat in the panel of the fridge,,, but seems to me I remember the hearing the freezer "kick on " run for awhile then turn off now everytime I go into the kitchen  I hear the freezer running,,    ???

Also be sure there is no frost/ice build up on the evap. coils in the freezer, if this is blocking the air flow to the food compartment the box will run all of the time and the compressor would overheat.