Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer error code F01

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kfv123

kfv123

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

My 3 month old washer quit on me today.  The model number is WFW8300SW00.  It is a Whirlpool Duet.  I pressed pause/cancel to add a garment to the machine as I have done many times before and then the sucker died on me.  If I press power and start all the lights start to flash and I get the F01 error code. 

I am hoping I don't have to go all weekend w/o a washing machine??:(

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

Whirlpool did not find that model number, and the manual for my Duet does not show a F01 error code.....try unplugging the unit for 20 minutes to see if it will reset the ccu.....if not pull the tech sheet from inside of the cabinet and see if you can run it thru diagnostics, this might tell you what the problem is and sometimes resets the controls...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 kfv123

kfv123

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

I got the model number off the inside of the washer door. I tried unplugging it overnight and I still get the same error code.  I don't know what you mean by running it through diagnostics?

The number is on a white sticker on the front of the machine when you open the door.  There is a MOD with the number beneath.  There is also a SER number HLT2103154 and some random number printed sideways on the label 8550903.  I went to the whirlpool website, pulled up the manual and the F01 code is there but not as a stand alone error code. 

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:24 PM

There is a tech manual inside of the unit after the bottom front panel is removed, this will tell you how to put into diagnostic mode to tell you what this error code means.....tried to pull up this tech sheet for you but the WP tech site did not find that model number....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 vannak2

vannak2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:18 AM

I just ran into the same exact problem....same model number...have had the washer since June 2006.  Went to add a garment (as I too have done many times before)....when I went to restart I get the F01 error code with all the lights flashing....and it's nowhere in the manual....grrrr.. I have no clothes to wear!!!!  Please please please let me know if you solve this problem...looks like I will have to see if I can find that tech manual ...........grrrrr.

#6 kfv123

kfv123

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

Apparently the computer blew.  It takes a week to 10 days for the part to come in :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics