Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Siemens Ultrasense Drier Undiagnosable?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DCopestakes

DCopestakes

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:17 AM

This seven month old high end Siemens Ultrasense electric clothes drier has a problem that the Siemens factory service cannot diagnose.  Turn it on an you get the flashing lights and 000 on the display that the manual says means there is a problem with the program.  The Seimens/Bosch factory tech as made three visits and replaced the brain board and door sensor switch but cannot figure out what is wrong.  Is there truly no diagnostics available on this model?  The tech said that the diagnostics only work when the brain is operating correctly.  It has now been almost a month and three visits  since it broke.  Two days after the last visit they cannot tell me what they are going to do next.  Can a clothes drier be so impossible to fix?  I doubt it.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:24 AM

Nothing is 'undiagnosable' if the brainin the machine doesnt show a faultthen the brain in the tech's head should take over and figure it out. It sounds like it could be a broken or shorted wire.  Does the unit have a power board as well as a brain board ,also a model no and location would be handy as we get posts from all over the world.  Has the tech checked the sensor in the exhaust vent, or is it a condenser dryer? Alot of questions ,but it goes a long way to figuring out the fault.:huh:
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 DCopestakes

DCopestakes

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:45 AM

Thanks for the reply.  I am in New Hampshire, USA.  I don't know the model number but I will get it.  I have repaired many appliances, usually TV's and Stereos in my days.  I am certain that if I got a service manual I can fix it.

#4 DCopestakes

DCopestakes

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:24 AM

WTXD5300US is the model of the Siemens drier. 

Symptom is:

Turn it on, Start/Stop indicator does not illuminate

Lint Filter light flashes

Display shows 000

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,245 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:28 AM

Did the machine work properly for a while after the display board was replaced?  If so, then you likely have electrical noise on the power line that's messing with the program.  Samurai's 11th Law of Appliance Repair states that, "Raw power is dirty power." 

Get an RF isolator/surge suppressor like for a high end computer.  Have them send out a new display board and sensor switch and install them.  But, plug the machine into the RF isolator / surge suppressor.

The computers on these appliances are suceptible to the same failures and damage as the computer you're using to read this post right now.  You should use the same protocol to protect your laundry appliance computer as you would your information computer. 

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,245 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

[user=1236]DCopestakes[/user] wrote:

WTXD5300US is the model of the Siemens drier. 

OMG, it's GE garbage and they're disgusing it as high-end stuff!  :whipit:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics