Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Front Load Washer - Dial timer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dbanghart

dbanghart

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:47 AM

I have a Frigidaire front load washer FWT449GFS2. My knob for my dial timer popped off.  The tips of little prongs that hold the knob on all broke.  so I have to replace the dial timer assembly.

Accordnig to Frigidaire.com this is  part # 131716300 Dial-timer-white.  According to Parts Detective it is this Timer Knob assembly.  You can see the little arms coming up over the lip of the knob. Those arms broke. 

Posted Image

So how do I replace this assemply.  How do I remove the front cover?  (By the way the washer is underneath my dryer)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:56 AM

Dryer has to come down :yikes: . At the bottom front of the dryer, there should be two screw covers. Pop them out and remove the screws, then the dryer can be lifted off  (as long as you remember to disconnect the vent plus any electricity (and maybe gas) to the dryer. then you can get right to the timer.

http://www.partselect.com/Schematics/Frigidaire/NJZEQBDG.gif

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 dbanghart

dbanghart

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:12 AM

The dryer is not attached to the washer, just sitting on it. 

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,685 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:17 AM

[user=1239]dbanghart[/user] wrote:

The dryer is not attached to the washer, just sitting on it.

Even easier!

#5 dbanghart

dbanghart

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:08 AM

so the top just pops off? and the same for the front console?

#6 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:11 AM

Once the dryer is off, everything is exposed - there is no "top" on the washer with the dryer removed.

As for the console, I think you have to remove the knobs, remove the dispenser drawer and undo some screws. One word of caution - Friggidaire use a lot of "Robertson" screws, they have a square cut-out in the head. They look like they can be opened with a Philips - do not succumb to the temptation or you will regret it! Get the right tool.

#7 dbanghart

dbanghart

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

I've not made myself clear.  I had a separate dryer and separate washer.  I simply placed one top of the other.  The top of the washer was never removed when the dryer was placed on top of it.  So how do I remove the washer top?

#8 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:26 AM

Ah...remove four screws at the back of the washer top - they're the "Robertson" type screws I mentioned earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics