Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
gmgaga

whirpool icemaker woes

4 posts in this topic

i have a whirpool gold gd5phaxlb01.  ice maker quit making ice.  truned out to be a broken module.  i installed a new icemaker and the thing just does not seem to want to get started.  i jumpered it and it has ran through a cycle almost.  almost meaning it will not eject the ice that is in there.

is there something special i need to do to get this thing to go on its own?  whirpool website says to give it 72 hours.  i am not there yet.  seems like it should be cycling.

also when i check voltage at the connector in the freezer i get 58 volts in reference to ground and neutral.  Is this what i am supposed to be seeing?

thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The thermostat in the icemaker needs to get below 17F before it'll start harvesting.  Patience, grasshopper... and make sure the water supply is turned on. 

Did you repace the whole icemaker or just the module?

Do you have the arm(bale) in correctly ?

Perhaps your cubes are too big, and the little motor can't break them free from the mold. When they come out, are some of them stuck together side by side, like they were in the mold? You can adjust the fill rate(cube depth) by turning the small adjustment screw on the module.  Turn it clockwise to reduce fill, try 1 full turn. 

Nick

i empty the ice maker manually and jumpered it to start one more cycle.  she seems to be running fine now.

this ice maker didn't have a bale arm.  it has the photo eye set up on it.

thanks for all the help!!!