Thanks. I'll pass the information on to my son-in-law, the owner of the subject microwave. We're here doing duty as grandparental house/children watchers, and I'll just substitute some bourbon for the reheated coffee. I'm not about to try to remove the appliance from where it's mounted.
Our first microwave (around 1980) was a GE countertop, and it quit immediately following a thunderstorm, 3 months after purchase. Apparently the service people were inundated with calls, because the local GE repair shop (they had them then!) told me I would get it back quicker if I took it to them. While I waited, they replaced whatever blew. That microwave, after the single repair, lasted about 20 years. About 3 years ago, we updated our kitchen, and we got a GE range and over the range microwave. So far, no trouble. If it starts acting bewitched, I'll replace it with another brand. I've been impressed with LG. What's your opinion of them?
- kdog likes this