I've got an older (~13 years, maybe?) Maytag Dependable Care dryer (MDG9316AWW) with a couple of issues:
- It's taking between 1.5 and 2 hours to dry a load, whereas previously around an hour would be enough. This started rather suddenly a couple of months ago now.
- It's been noisy for a long time...no screeching, just...well...loud!
Here's what I've done so far:
- Cleaned out the dryer vent duct and the entire insides of the dryer. It feels like there's good air flow at the rear of the dryer and the duct outlet (~20 feet of ducting).
- Replaced the belt
- Replaced one of the two rear drum rollers, as it was loose and noisy on its shaft
- Replaced the front shroud and both front tub bearings (they had worn through and damaged the shroud underneath)
- Tested the air temperature at the rear of the dryer. It cycles between roughly 135 and 157.
- Listened to the gas solenoids cycling regularly and watched the pretty blue flame :)
So even after all this, it's still slow to dry and noisy (although not as loud as before)
Is the next step to replace the fan blower? It feels solid on the shaft, but I'm no expert! I really don't know if the loudness is the 'rumbling' that's described as the characteristic of the slipping fan blower or not. Any other suggestions?
Thanks very much!