Jump to content

Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.



Member Since 13 Apr 2009
Offline Last Active Aug 05 2015 10:03 PM

#211938 Agitator Removal--Maytag A608

Posted by drt1200 on 21 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

There is a special tool for removing those old agitators. It looks like a inner tube shaped like a "C" it has a tube attached to it that you hook up to a water faucet. It expands and exerts tremendous force under the agitator forcing it off the shaft. I have only had it fail to work once on maytags. It was just too rusted onto the shaft. you will spend alot of time trying to break it off.

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics