Well, doggone if I didn't get that part right without having to be told. I replaced all three on Thursday the exact way described in the post you made on Friday! I guess great minds think alike! I let it cycle all day on Thursday and pulled the evap cover off the inside this morning and had the perfect frost covering (no ice blocks forming). It appears your sage and enlightened advice has produced the desired results. Thanks to the Samurai and RegUS for all the great troubleshooting help and the great links to places on the website that I failed to regard. Just fired off a donation to "the fund". You really provide an excellent service to those of us who have just enough skills to be dangerous left unattended, but capable of great things with proper guidance. Thanks again for all your help and assistance in fixing this vexing problem.