I went back out to the customer's house today and there was water still in the tub from the last wash. I took the back panel off and hooked the pump up with a patch cord and ran it. The water was running out really slowly, but steadily. After about 5 minutes, the tub was compeletly drained. I took the pump out, ran it with nothing attached to it and it was fine. Took off the hose coming from the tub to the pump and it was clean. I spun the tub and there was nothing in it to be restricting the water flow to the pump.
Then I decided to inspect the drain hose which is suspended for the high loop and then connected to another hose using two worm gear clamps with a male fitting in the hoses so it can reach the sump pump in the basement. I took the clamps loose and pulled the male fitting out and there was a dime. The male fitting in there was just a tiny bit smaller than the diameter of the dime.
I cleaned all that up and put it all back together, filled the tub with water and it pumped water out like a firehose. I put some towles in and put it into spin only and it worked great.
Moral of the story is to check everything before drawing a conclusion.
Lesson learned... Hopefully.
- RegUS_PatOff likes this