The most disturbing thing is the fact that when the button is pushed in, it doesn't kill power to the system. It's still reacting and running.
Unplug timer connector. Does that kill the power? If so, timer is bad. No "ground" can cause this problem. Visually inspect timer connector and wiring harness leading from it. Probably nothing out of the ordinary. Replace timer. I have the wiring diagram if anybody wants it but it's just a standard Whirlpool no frills two speed system.
- electro_doc likes this