If memory serves, Avanti or Danby made the thermo-electric unit. It basically consisted of modules that looked like a big heat sink, so I imagine these modules would remove the heat from the unit. Enough cooling was provided for a least wine cooler temperatures. I only ran into one or two in the field but thought it was pretty cool stuff. Replacing the module assembly was the only repair I had to perform.
Reverse engineering from the Roswell crash, I suspect.
Bruther Duff - YOU may be the last code talker alive! You got all that from the original post??!
I gotta stop drinking the cheap stuff in the morning...............
These beauties were dubbed the "race track" ranges due to the oval shape of the UI. They only made them for a short time, it was a transitional model. The membrane switch panel failure is common. The worst part of changing it out is dealing with all the grease and crud.
Incomplete model number but I figure the prefix is 106 for this Whirlpool made unit. Chances are your system leak is in the evaporator and you might hear the leak before being able to detect it. Would have to replace the evaporator as an assembly and possibly the compressor for moisture contamination.
Yes sir. Sounds like new ice machine time.
If you do go ahead with the sealed system repair it's a lot easier to take it out of the house and do it in the shop on a bench.