Yes, I do have an update. We went camping and for the morning coffee times at camp, I decided to take the Timer with us to take apart and see what I would find since my gut feeling was the culprit of the problem. I did find that the bottom gear was laying flat at the bottom of the housing if you look at it from the top. I assembled it to what I believed was the place where it belonged but kept falling off. I then discovered that it was missing a little piece that acted like a dog to keep it in place. I decided that by making a plastic part to glue it next to it, it may just work. Well, it did, put every thing back together and she is running like if it was new.
Piece of plastic from a CD, free
super glue .... 3 for a $1 @ dollar store
Total expense ... $1
Satisfaction of another project solved..... priceless.
I hope some may benefit from this thread and thank all that tried to help.
I am not aware of how to post pics without uploading to a site, so if anyone can tell how to do it from my hard drive, I will then post them.
Thanks for you trying to help me out. And yes, I have done all the tests you have mentioned and several times to make sure. In my previous posts I have stated such. What I call the controller is the selecting button which controls the cycles you wish to use. When the motor started the other day is when I touched the blue end on the cycle selector to read voltage form there to the push button switch. I was surprised by this and tried it again and this time it happened by just touching the same terminal of the cycle selector button and to my surprise, I was not touching anything with the neg probe of the multimeter tester. It acted as an antenna to explain it better. Next morning I went to do the same checks but this time the motor did not start.
I am sure I am using the AC volts and not amps of the multimeter tester.