I bought a new magnetron. When I took out the “working” magnetron I had purchased I tested it against the new one and both tested good. I examined further and found that the “working” magnetron had a broken magnet on the front; this shows that a magnetron that tests good can still be bad. The new magnetron did the trick.
I bought a new Multi meter with capacitor and anode function. After testing I ordered and installed a new transformer. Still no heat. 120 volts supplied to the transformer when the cycle is started.
The anode tests with battery are:
Voltage thru diode 6.0 volt
Voltage over diode 3.06 volt
Reverse voltage 0.0
After cycling the microwave for two minutes the transformer, capacitor, & anode are cool, the magnetron is slightly warm.
The magnetron I took out showed a short from connections to the shell and continuity between connectors. The new (used) magnetron has no short (open) to body and continuity between connectors.
The troubleshooting diagram on the mini manual says transformer ok?, check diode, if ok check magnetron, filament is NOT open or contacts are NOT shorted to ground, replace the capacitor. The capacitor is rated for 1.0 uF, mine tests 1.02 uF. Contacts test open.
Either I got a bad magnetron from the person that said it came out of a working microwave and need to purchase a new one or my test of the capacitor is faulted and I need a new capacitor?