Jump to content


Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!


FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact


Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums


You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.


Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

 


sawyer33

Member Since 23 Sep 2013
Offline Last Active Dec 29 2013 09:07 AM

#275918 GE Advantium microwave not heating

Posted by sawyer33 on 30 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Here is a photo of the bad magnetron

 

 

11139196645_73e9489ca2_o.jpg




#275843 GE Advantium microwave not heating

Posted by sawyer33 on 29 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

I got it working again!

 

I bought a new magnetron. When I took out the “working” magnetron I had purchased I tested it against the new one and both tested good. I examined further and found that the “working” magnetron had a broken magnet on the front; this shows that a magnetron that tests good can still be bad. The new magnetron did the trick.




#269179 GE Advantium microwave not heating

Posted by sawyer33 on 23 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

I have a GE Advantium microwave SCB2000CBB03. The magnetron, diode, and the capacitor test ok with a voltmeter using suggested tests. The keyboard functions all work properly as does the speed bake (halogen). The microwave does not heat. The oven starts normally however there is not any humming initially or otherwise; the noise generated while running is from the oven cooling fan and the magnetron fan. The door opens properly for the magnetron fan. I checked all door safety and monitoring switches and all ok. All temperature switches are closed.

 

After running in microwave mode for three minutes, the transformer and capacitor are room temperature, the magnetron is slightly warm (98 degrees).

 

The microwave function used to interfere with the portable phone, now with the microwave operating the phone is fine.

 

I have no means to check the transformer as voltage output is too high. Is there another way to trouble shoot the transformer? Do you suspect the transformer or do you suspect another possible problem I failed to check?

 

Thanks!





FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact


Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."


The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics