Tech members at Appliantology earn points for answering questions. The top 5 point earners and a running tally of their points are listed in the "Kendo Masters" block on the Appliantology homepage. At the end of each and every month, the member with the highest Kendo point score (the “Ichiban Kendo Master”) wins a $100 Amazon gift certificate!
It's that simple. No gimmicks.
Check it out:
- If you earn Ichiban Appliantology Kendo Master for only two months, you will more than pay for your Professional Appliantologist membership!
- If you earn Ichiban Appliantology Kendo Master every month for a year, you could earn $1,200! (in Amazon gift certificates)
Mah breverens, this here be's a killer deal! No strings. No gotchas. No chit, mon! You could win a $100 Amazon gift certificate just for talking shop with your Brethren in the Craft!
Just think what you can do with that money:
- Finally get that Fluke meter set you’ve been drooling over
- Buy that new digital micron gauge you’ve been wanting
- Get a cool tool backpack like the one I use
- Buy whatever else makes your heart go pitty-pat in that impulse buyer’s emporium known as Amazon.com
What is “kendo”? Kendo is a modern Japanese martial art that derives from samurai swordsmanship. Unlike it’s lethal predecessor, participants use bamboo swords. Seemed appropriate for what we do here at Appliantology: we sharpen our troubleshooting skills as we help our fellow techs solve problems. The person seeking help and the person(s) helping all improve their skills.
The top point earners, Kendo Masters, are listed for the week, month, and year. This is a simple rolling look-back for 7, 30, and 365 days respectively so it usually changes each day depending on activity. On the last day of each month, starting now (October 2017), the Kendo Master with the highest monthly score will win a $100 Amazon gift certificate.
Since I also accrue Kendo points just like any other member, that means you’ll have to beat my monthly Kendo score in order to win.
You earn Kendo points for your replies to all topics, even topics that you start. But you probably won’t accumulate enough Kendo points to win that way. So you’ll also need to reply to other people’s topics in order to earn enough Kendo points to win for the month. And that’s the whole point! (pardon the pun)
In addition to the $100 Amazon gift certificate, Ichiban Appliantology Kendo Masters for each month will also get special recognition in the Kendo Masters Hall of Fame forum. A new topic will be started there each month to commemorate the Ichiban Kendo Master of the Month.
Let the Kendo games begin!