F9E1 (91) LONG DRAIN
If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves turn off.
- Ask the customer how much detergent they are using and if it is HE detergent.
May have too much suds present causing this condition.
- Turn washer ON to verify pump operates; run the drain cycle.
- Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Make sure that wire harness connections at the Drain Pump, Pressure SW, & CCU (DP2, PR6 cavities)
connectors are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Check continuity from the Drain Pump & CCU (DP2 cavity) connectors.
- Check continuity from the Pressure SW & CCU (PR6 cavity) connectors.
- If the continuity diagnosis failed, Main Harness must be replaced.
- Make continuity test to the Pressure SW. See page 7.
- Check the resistance of the motor pump. See page 7.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Run the drain cycle.
- If the failure continues, unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
- Disassemble the drain pump from the washer.
- Check that the impeller is not detached from the motor shaft.
If the impeller is detached from the shaft, is broken or has any scratches, the drain pump must be replaced.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the washer operation by performing the Diagnostic Test cycle.
See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait for 15 seconds.
Stay connected with us...
Webinar Recordings Index Page 11/07/2017On-demand appliance repair training videos for Professional Appliantologist members Over 30 hours (and growing!) of original, high quality appliance training webinars developed and given by yours truly are at your fingertips, on topics you won't find anywhere else. Fill in those knowledge gaps, strengthen those areas of uncertainty, and boost your skills. Watch on mobile or desktop at your convenience whenever, wherever. Ultra Short Primer on Basic Electricity, Circuits, Ohm's Law, and Schematic Reading (Length: 1:04:48) Basic Refrigerator Troubleshooting (Length: 1:10:45) Schematic Reading Workshop, 10/2015 (Length 1:19:08) Troubleshooting Strategies for Computer-Controlled Appliances (Length: 48:34) Semiconductors and PN Junctions (Length: 1:04:37) Appliance Temperature Sensing Devices & Technology (Length: 1:27:33) Voltage Measurements, Meters, Ghost Voltages, and Triac-controlled Neutrals (Length: 1:29:32) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 1, 4/2016 (Length: 1:09:26) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 2, 4/2016 (Length: 1:21:11) Tech Sheet Review, 4/9/2016: Bosch Speed Cooker, Amana Refrigerator, GE Glass Cooktop Range (Length: 1:22:58) Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Switches used in Samsung Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) (Length: 27:07) PWM Computer Cooling Fan in a Whirlpool Refrigerator (Length: 14:53) Understanding AC Split-phase Household Power Supplies (Length: 52:41) Troubleshooting a Samsung Electric Dryer without Disassembly using Live Tests and the Schematic (Length: 22:47) Troubleshooting a Bosch Dishwasher No-Heat Problem using the Schematic and Live Tests (Length: 15:38) Linear Motors and Linear Compressors (Length: 55:54) Bi-directional PSC Drive Motor Systems in Whirlpool VM Washers (Length: 56:52) Appliance Service Call Structure and Troubleshooting Strategies (Length: 1:00:16) The Ten Step Troubleshooting Tango and Workshop Exercises (Length: 1:35:39) Troubleshooting Ten-Step Tango Advanced Workshop (Length: 1:32:06) Ten-Step Tango Troubleshooting Workshop: Refrigerators (Length: 1:35:57) Whirlpool Duet Washer Schematic Analysis & Whirlpool Dryer Moisture Sensor System (Length: 1:03:04) Neutral Vs. Ground, Inverter Microwave, Digital Communications, Loading Down in DC loads, and more! (Length: 1:14:45) Gas Oven Service Call After a Parts Changing Monkey (Length: 36:04) AFCI and GFCI Circuit Protection Technology (Length: 41:26) Troubleshooting Samsung Refrigerators and more (Length: 1:29:58) 3-way Valves and Dual Evaporator Refrigerators (Length: 1:15:45) Split-Phase Compressors and PTC Start Devices (Length: 1:11:57) Gas Dryer Ignition Systems (Length: 53:50) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 1 (Length: 43:07) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 2 (Length: 1:09:09) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 3 (Length: 1:11:56) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 4 (Length: 37:45) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 5 (Length: 16:35) To access these webinars and all the other info-goodies here at Appliantology, become a Professional Appliantologist today. If you need cost-effective, time-flexible, state-of-the-art appliance technical training, check out the Master Samurai Tech Academy.
[Webinar] Appliantology Workshop 11/09/2017Information is the name of the game in the appliance repair trade today. Appliantology is a powerful information tool for the professional appliance repair technician. But just like with any of the more capable tools in your tool bag, many of the more powerful features are hidden from you unless you "read the manual." Ugh! Who wants to do that? Well, this is one time when you don't have to! In this webinar, Team Samurai will personally walk you through the site and show you many of the useful and powerful features that even long-time users probably never knew existed.