Budget Appliance Repair wrote:
Probably about the easiest job you can do.
1) Unplug washer
2) Remove one screw at each end of the top console, (looks like they will be in front on your model, if not in front look in back).
3) Push timer knob in for off and turn it counter clockwise to unscrew the knob from the timer and pull the dial skirt off.
4) Remove the one or two 5/16" screws that you will find under the timer dial skirt and timer will drop down into console.
5) flip console up and unplug connector from timer
6) Install new timer and reverse procedure to close back up.
Timer part link ==> http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1016893
Source: Roper rax7245wao washing machine