Gott Ein Himmel! Well, ye of little faith, let's grab our "phillips" screwdriver and volt-ohmmeter...
1) Unplug the dryer.
2) Remove 3 "phillips" screws from the TOP COVER of the dryer. These screws are at the rear of the top cover.
3) Slide the top cover rearward about an inch & lift-off.
4) Open the DOOR of the dryer & remove 2 screws under the *opening*. Roughly located at the 5 and 7 O'clock locations.
5) Standing in front of the dryer & looking behind the control panel---unplug all wire connections to the MAIN BOARD.
6) Now remove the screws from the *corners* of the CONTROL PANEL (Note: Some dryers only have one screw on the right side
7) Grasp the top of the CONTROL PANEL & forcefully "peel" the panel off (This plastic is tough).
8) With the CONTROL PANEL removed---you'll notice 4 screws that secure the FRONT COVER. Remove those & slowly tilt the FRONT COVER towards you---disconnect the DOOR SWITCH PLUG. Set aside the front cover. Step back & look at the front of the dryer. On the lower right side is a *white* plug. Squeeze the tab on this plug & pull apart to disconnect. This is the plug for the MOISTURE SENSOR. (During re-assembly---don't forget this little guy).
9) Grab a FELT-TIP MARKER & place a *dot* next to the 2 screws on the front of the *silver* bracket that the CONTROL PANEL *snaps* onto. Then remove the 2 screws. Remove the other 2 screws at the top of the *silver* bracket and remove the silver bracket by pulling upward.
10) Remove 4 screws at each corner (or ear) of the FRONT DRUM SUPPORT ASSY.
11) Pull the SUPPORT ASSY upward & towards you--set aside.
12) Grab the DRUM & rotate counterclockwise while pulling towards you. The belt will slip off. Remove the DRUM.
13) You'll see a silver/square box on the right-hand side. Pull off the wires to the THERMAL LIMITER & test it for *continuity* with the test meter. If "open"---replace the THERMAL LIMITER and the other THERMOSTAT next to it.
14) If the THERMAL LIMITER has failed---the home exhaust vent *must* be cleaned. 100%.
15) Use a shop vac to clean everything up.
Re-assemble in reverse order.
Stay connected with us...
Open Q&A. See this Calendar event for details:
Sign in to follow this