from the use and care manual https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihscmmszrqrfhwm/Use%20and%20Care%20Guide%20-%2012828152.pdf
In some installations, reversing the door swing allows
for more convenient access to stored items. Both
doors can be reversed on freezer door models and the
fresh food door is reversible on freezer drawer models.
1. Remove door(s) (see page 4).
2. Transfer cabinet plugs and cabinet
screws to opposite side of cabinet.
• Remove cabinet plugs with flat
blade of screwdriver tip wrapped
in masking tape.
• Remove center mullion screws
with 5⁄16” hex head screwdriver
3. Transfer door stops from bottom edge of fresh food
door and freezer door, if applicable, to opposite
side of door edge.
• Use a Phillips screwdriver
for removal and installation.
4. Install handles (see below
and page 7).
5. Reinstall the door(s).
Remove and discard handle packaging and tape.
Handle design varies from refrigerator to refrigerator.
Please reference the appropriate instructions for your
Fresh Food Handles
Standard Front Mount Handle
• Phillips screwdriver
• 5⁄16” hex head driver
1. Remove 1⁄4” hex head screws from
door face with hex head driver, and
Phillips screw from top of door.
• If reversing door, remove door
plugs from opposite side of door and insert in
2. Align handle holes with screw holes on
door face and secure with two door face
screws from step 1.
To avoid possible injury and damage to property:
• Place doors on a nonabrasive surface protected by
towels or rugs while working directly on doors.
Note: If not installed, the handle is located in the
interior of the fresh food section or attached to the
back of your refrigerator.
4. Ensure the door handle is snug to the
Reverse installation procedure.
Stay connected with us...
We'll apply the Ten Step Tango to troubleshooting scenarios on gas ranges. See this Calendar event for details: