Stay connected with us...
Webinar Recordings Index Page 10/03/2017On-demand appliance repair training videos for Professional Appliantologist members Over 30 hours (and growing!) of original, high quality appliance training webinars developed and given by yours truly are at your fingertips, on topics you won't find anywhere else. Fill in those knowledge gaps, strengthen those areas of uncertainty, and boost your skills. Watch on mobile or desktop at your convenience whenever, wherever. Ultra Short Primer on Basic Electricity, Circuits, Ohm's Law, and Schematic Reading (Length: 1:04:48) Basic Refrigerator Troubleshooting (Length: 1:10:45) Schematic Reading Workshop, 10/2015 (Length 1:19:08) Troubleshooting Strategies for Computer-Controlled Appliances (Length: 48:34) Semiconductors and PN Junctions (Length: 1:04:37) Appliance Temperature Sensing Devices & Technology (Length: 1:27:33) Voltage Measurements, Meters, Ghost Voltages, and Triac-controlled Neutrals (Length: 1:29:32) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 1, 4/2016 (Length: 1:09:26) Troubleshooting with Tech Sheets, Part 2, 4/2016 (Length: 1:21:11) Tech Sheet Review, 4/9/2016: Bosch Speed Cooker, Amana Refrigerator, GE Glass Cooktop Range (Length: 1:22:58) Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Switches used in Samsung Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) (Length: 27:07) PWM Computer Cooling Fan in a Whirlpool Refrigerator (Length: 14:53) Understanding AC Split-phase Household Power Supplies (Length: 52:41) Troubleshooting a Samsung Electric Dryer without Disassembly using Live Tests and the Schematic (Length: 22:47) Troubleshooting a Bosch Dishwasher No-Heat Problem using the Schematic and Live Tests (Length: 15:38) Linear Motors and Linear Compressors (Length: 55:54) Bi-directional PSC Drive Motor Systems in Whirlpool VM Washers (Length: 56:52) Appliance Service Call Structure and Troubleshooting Strategies (Length: 1:00:16) The Ten Step Troubleshooting Tango and Workshop Exercises (Length: 1:35:39) Troubleshooting Ten-Step Tango Advanced Workshop (Length: 1:32:06) Ten-Step Tango Troubleshooting Workshop: Refrigerators (Length: 1:35:57) Whirlpool Duet Washer Schematic Analysis & Whirlpool Dryer Moisture Sensor System (Length: 1:03:04) Neutral Vs. Ground, Inverter Microwave, Digital Communications, Loading Down in DC loads, and more! (Length: 1:14:45) Gas Oven Service Call After a Parts Changing Monkey (Length: 36:04) AFCI and GFCI Circuit Protection Technology (Length: 41:26) Troubleshooting Samsung Refrigerators and more (Length: 1:29:58) 3-way Valves and Dual Evaporator Refrigerators (Length: 1:15:45) Split-Phase Compressors and PTC Start Devices (Length: 1:11:57) Gas Dryer Ignition Systems (Length: 53:50) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 1 (Length: 43:07) Refrigerator Sealed System Thermodynamics, Part 2 (Length 1:09:09) To access these webinars and all the other info-goodies here at Appliantology, become a Professional Appliantologist today. If you need cost-effective, time-flexible, state-of-the-art appliance technical training, check out the Master Samurai Tech Academy.
- Professional Appliantologists, Senior Appliantology Fellows, and Legacy Tech members at Appliantology
- Master Samurai Tech Academy students enrolled in the Refrigerator Repair course
- Mr. Appliance® Academy students enrolled in Bundle 1
What: Basic Refrigeration System Thermodynamics
We're venturing down the rabbit hole- this webinar is the first part in a multi-part webinar series on understanding how the sealed system in a refrigerator works. In this first session, we're going to be laying foundational concepts that will be used in subsequent webinars. So if you miss this one, you'll be lost in the later sessions.
In this first part, we're going to discuss and understand:
- Pressure and vacuum units of measurement
- Energy and work: BTU vs. BTUH
- Latent and sensible heats
- Saturation temperature
- Boiling point and phase change
- The Pressure-Enthalpy (P-H) diagram
- Using the P-H diagram to analyze an ideal refrigeration cycle
- Refrigerant pressure-temperature saturation tables
- Superheat and subcooling
We'll also look at pressures, superheats, and subcooling at various points around a real-world R134a refrigeration system and plot these on a P-H diagram. You'll need a set of R134a P-T tables or the Danfoss app.
When: Monday, October 2, 2017, at 7PM Eastern Time SHARP (adjust your time zone accordingly).
Where: All of our web meetings are powered by Join.me. For the connection details, see below.
- Master Samurai Tech Academy Students: RSVP here.
- Mr. Appliance® Academy Bundle 1 Students: RSVP here.
- Professional Appliantologists, Senior Appliantology Fellows, and Legacy Techs: fill out the form below to request connection details:
How: Here are three tips to ensure that the webinars are a smooth, cool experience for you:
- Arrive early to make sure your connection is working! Also, if you show up late for the webinar, you'll be lost.
- Enter your name at the "knock to enter" window on the meeting page- if you leave it blank, you won't be able to enter.
- Watch this ultra-short video on how to use your Join.me control console.