Jump to content
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'location'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Appliantology Welcome Center
    • Kendo Masters Hall of Fame
    • Site Orientation
    • Announcements
  • DIYer Appliance Repair Forums
    • DIY Appliance Repair Help
    • Find a Local Tech
    • Appliance Haikus
  • Appliance Service Manual Requests
    • Appliance Service Manual Requests Forum
  • Professional Appliance Technician Forums
    • Appliance Repair Tech Forum
    • Professional Appliantologist Webinars Forum
    • Samurai's Appliance Repair Video Classroom
    • Samurai’s Appliance Puzzles
    • The Dojo


  • Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog
  • kdog's Blog
  • Mrs. Samurai's Kitchen
  • DurhamAppliance's Blog
  • applianceman97's Blog
  • LI-NY Tech's Blog
  • tpoindexter's Blog
  • Smashycomman's Blog
  • acfixerdude's Blog
  • Tech notes
  • Eugene's blog about stores, fixing, life, and more!
  • Moostafa's Hookah Tent
  • Son of Samurai's Blog
  • Quick's Blog
  • Beyonddoubt's Blog


  • Appliance Repair Manual Stash Access File®
  • Appliance Repair Manual Pot Luck Supper

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 2 results

  1. I have a built-in KitchenAid side-by-side refrigerator model KSSS48MBX00. It has been having problems with the ice-maker's water inlet valve. I want to replace it, but I can't figure out how to get to it. The sides and back of this refrigerator are not removable and there isn't a removable panel. The water line goes through an oblong hole at the bottom rear of the unit. Once it's inside the sheet metal, I can't see any valve. Removing the kick-panel from in front, I can see the water line. I'd guess that the valve is somewhere above my line of sight, but even if I could see it, I wouldn't be able to get a tool on it. There must be some trick that makes it possible to get to the valve. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
  2. Goodman manufacturing GMPN080-4 furnace. Ok, so one visit to my son's house yesterday for a hot water heater issue (unrelated) leads to yet another "new home owner" physical plant debacle. He moved into the house a few months ago. While I was out there, we looked for the furnace air filter. Not seeing anything resembling a filter door/drawer/slide. we took to looking inside the actual cabinet. Taking off the main side of the cabinet revealed a 16 x 21 x 1 filter just "resting" loosely against the side of the cabinet where the return air comes in. Yes, it IS between the return and the blower, but it just sort of flaps in the breeze. When the blower starts, it pulls the filter away from the return side of the cabinet an inch or two, and I believe most of the return air just circulates around the outside of the filter. There are no tracks, slides, doors or drawer. It just sits against the side of the cabinet (on the inside), between the blower and the inside of the cabinet. There is one small piece of what looks like coat hanger wire attached at the top of one corner holding it in place. But for the most part it just flaps. It is behind all the wires and safety interlock switch. It does not look like the filter will come out easily. In fact, from the look of the filter, it looks like someone bent the filter in half, to get it in place, and then unfolded it. It looks pretty "jerry rigged" to me. We have looked all over the return ducting for a filter and it appears that this is the only one. So my questions are: 1. Is this a typical means of filtering the return air? I don't have a much experience with hot air systems, but I am very familiar with hydronic. This just doesn't seem right to me. 2. It looks to me like I need to have an HVAC/sheet metal person come in and somehow install a "door/drawer/slide" into the return duct so we get some reasonable filtering taking place. I've never done any HVAC duct work before except for wood stove chimneys, kitchen/bathroom exhaust fans and dryer vents. . Is this something I can do myself, or who should i call? HVAC guy or sheet metal guy? Thanks for your time. Paul/NH
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.