Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Fuzion

Kenmore Dryer Start-up

28 posts in this topic

OK gurus ... I am at a loss ... have swapped old motor unit back in ... put door housing (without the drum / belt so I can reach thru to activate belt switch).  Plugged into power.  Now old unit is dead soldier.  Here is what I know.  There is power to wall and to block in dryer (120 betwn comm / each hot leg, 240 betwn hots).  I have 120 to motor, 120 to heating elements.  The thermal fuse is good and shows continuity.  I have timer activation when I raise the belt switch till it clicks ... can hear the timer go on and start going.  I have a good push to start switch ... it shows open until pressed and then continuity when pressed ... there is 120 there that is passed on when sw. pressed.  Only thing I cant figure is a small circuit board to the right of the timer.  Has 5 contacts.  4 on left of board and and 1 on the right of board (when viewed from the bottom of the board) ... I pulled this and gently cleaned the contacts with an eraser.  No difference and either motor acts like it is not getting power but my multimeter says different.

I'm lost ... any ideas?  Classic symptoms of bad motor but when replaced ... nothing ... really nothing ... a veritable wasteland of emptiness.  Deep space makes more noise except for the gentle, soothing whirrr of the timer device ... NADA!  Now nothing with old motor too.  Am about to make a great funural pyre...  I'm thinking that it would make an excellent smoker ... Have some pork shoulder that would do well on a banked fire ... 250 for about 3 or 4 hours .... HELP!

Elvis

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Suspect that plug in circuit board is the ETC board that advances the timer, would not keep the motor from running.  I would be looking real careful at the wire harness that plugs into the motor.  That might have been your original problem with the old motor??   Ohm out every wire from end to end and see which wire or contact has lost its mojo....

will try that next before getting the matches ... thanx peg