Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
htroberts

Opinions on these three Frigidaire models? (PLMV169DC, FEFLMC55FC, FDB4315LFC)

5 posts in this topic

My sister is considering buying these from Lowe's:

Microwave/hood (PLMV169DC) #1692739 $358.20 (-$75 mail in rebate)

Range (FEFLMC55FC) #245086 $1033.20 (-$125)

Diswasher ( I can't find this on the website)  (FDB4315LFC) #247161 $598 (-$100)

and I wanted to hear any opinions either of these specific models, or of Frigidaire in general....

If you have alternate suggestions, please note that her total budget is about $2000, and of course, appearance is important--she wants the stainless look, and for things to match up reasonably well.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The stove and microwave are OK, basically the same as other brands. But, their dishwashers SUCK big time. I wouldn't take one as a gift.

Get a Whirlpool

Nick

I agree. Frigidaire dishwashers are some of the worst. My store only displays one just to shut up our Frigidaire rep, and I never sell it. IMO, anything is better than a Frigidaire dishwasher.

I don't want to get COMPLETELY off the subject, but since you are talking Frigidaire... stay away from their washers and dryers too!  Nothing but problems, and they are only 2 years old.  Frigidaire/Electrolux does not have very good customer service either.

Frigidaire did what Whirlpool did, they closed up their own factory service and gave it to independents and  Sears.

Even the old school D&M design dishwashers were better than these new Frigidaire tall tub dishwashers.