Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
defrost

Maytag Neptune Washer MAH8700AWW won't drain and door locked

8 posts in this topic

Washer has not drained (code nd) and therefore the clothes are trapped behind the locked sideloading door.  Same situation 2 months ago while under warranty, turned out to be a bobby pin in the pump.  No parts, but service call expense. 

If this is going to be a repetitive problem, I  thought now might be a good time to see if it something that I could repair with your assistance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

that's a no-brainer- don't put bobby pins,coins,or other such debris in the machine!  limit your loads to clothes only and presto; problem solved

[user=637]kdog[/user] wrote:

that's a no-brainer- don't put bobby pins,coins,or other such debris in the machine!  limit your loads to clothes only and presto; problem solved

100% effective. Guaranteed. :dude:

That is great advice and I appreciate the guarantee.  I will sit my daughters down and tell them that washing bobby pins in the washing machine is unacceptable.

The guarantee is certainly 100% while the door remains locked.

Oh Fermented Grand Master, surely you can save my fermenting clothes behind the locked door.

Unplug the washer and open the control panel, you'll find one of the finest tech sheets published in the industry just waiting for your eager hands and eyeballs. There's a procedure in there for when the door won't unlock.

except for the water, its a piece of cake to clear this pump. you have to get behind it and take the four screws out of the back panel, then down and you will see the pump. take the three bolts out of the pump and the clamps off the hoses. if you dont have a way to pinch off the hoses then water will go everywhere.  you can now reach in and pull out the next bobby pin.

It turned out to be a quarter this time, thanks for all the advice. 

[user=16172]defrost[/user] wrote:

It turned out to be a quarter this time, thanks for all the advice.

You do know that "Money Laudering" is illegal don't you!!!!:P:P:P:P