Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
samurabbit

Whirlpool LA6000XPW5

3 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool LA6000XPW5 washing machine that has the cylindrical lint filter at the top of the agitator, where you'd think they'd keep the dogs if this one had dogs.

Anyway, although the filter slips onto the top of the agitator, it's kind of a loose fit.  Sometimes while in the spin cycle, the tubular filter flies off and goes bouncing around the inside of the basket, making unseemly noises and disturbing the natives.

How can I get the filter to stay attached to the top of the agitator more securely?  I don't think anything is missing, but it's surprising that it can come off on its own.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

No dogs, this is not a dual action agitator.  If you will look at the base of the filter believe you will see it is worn or broken and you will have to replace this top filter part as it is not holding tight enough onto the base.

As Pegi said, you will need to replace that filter assembly that keeps falling off. Generally these stay on pretty good and tight unless something is broken.

Here's the part you need: CLICK HERE