Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dgibsonvt

Viking VGSC305-4BDWH Range

8 posts in this topic

Assuming my earlier post failed and your're not boycotting Viking inquiries, I once again solicit your higher wisdom on getting to my oven's inner reality. I need to replace the igniters and burner tubes but can't get the oven door to release from the hinges. I'd appreciate any tips on removing that impediment and on changing over the burners, ie, how far do I tear things down to reach and exchange the burners (will it be like the layers of an onion?), and are there complcations I should know about (beyond the obvious ones of just owning this brand)?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=16720]dgibsonvt[/user] wrote:

Assuming my earlier post failed and your're not boycotting Viking inquiries,

Not at all! Musta been a forum glitch because even your post count is showing 1 post (at the time of this reply). The Samurai does not discriminate based on brand. I even tolerate GE appliances.

I need to replace the igniters and burner tubes but can't get the oven door to release from the hinges.

The attachment will help you with oven door removal. Ignitors and burners coming in followup replies.

viking-range-door-removal.pdf

Thank you Samuri - I will try to refine my technique with inscrutable oven door. Original attempt was according to owner's manual instructions which are less complete than your attachment. I'm going out now to puchase the burner tubes, an act of true commitment (which I hope will not turn into an act of true desperation).

[user=16720]dgibsonvt[/user] wrote:

an act of true commitment (which I hope will not turn into an act of true desperation).

Piece of pie, tovarish! This is simple stuff, three glugs shy of two mugs on the world-famous SUDS-o-meter.

Konishuwa,

I have found the answer but it is not there! I need to remove the oven door from my older VGSC305-4 VIKING stove and found a PDF "viking-range-door-removal" you posted here -- got excited however the viking range door removal PDF is actually "burner replacement"..... If you still have the correct PDF could you post onegaishimasu

Arigatou gozaimasu

viking-range-door-removal.pdf

DOOR REMOVAL VGSC306-366-486.pdf

link PM'd