Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Jim

Whirlpool/Kenmore equivalent models

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks. I just discovered servicematters.com, and found several service updates for Whirlpool dishwashers (replacing the heater element and control panel to improve cycle times and cleaning; replacing the upper sprayarm with a new design to improve the washing of stuff in the upper rack) that look as if they probably apply to my Kenmore as well. But I can't find an equivalent listing for Kenmore, and I don't know how to check my Kenmore model number against the Whirlpool model #s listed there.

How can I find out whether those new parts will work in my dishwasher? Model number is 665.15933000.

Thanks,

Jim

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Get the part numbers listed in the service bulletin and plug 'em into the part number form at the bottom of this page.  That'll show you a picture of the part.  Visually compare with what's in your dishwasher.

To answer your original question there is no way to cross the Sears model numbers with the model numbers of whoever made each product with the Kenmore name on it to the vender that made this and put the Kenmore name on it.  Sears does not release any information and this makes everything very difficult for everyone.

believe pegi when she says they make it difficult for everyone, i must have about 14 bulletins which have been issued regarding your issues,some units require a pump/motor replacement,some a heating element replacement,and some both; the model number itself will not tell all of this info,as the affected motors only fell into a certain range of production. if you can post your entire model and serial numbers,i will compare it to a "cheat sheet" that i have begun to compile to try and understand exactly what the issues are they are targeting.

Thanks, kdog, that's a very nice offer.

One question: these service bulletins are not like recalls, are they? I mean, they seem to be acknowledging inadequacies in the original product, so it wouldn't seem unreasonable if at least parts were provided free. And they really ought to compensate the repair people for their labor, so the customers don't have to.

But that seems very unlikely. I'd guess that any customer who wants to address those issues has to pay for the work/parts him/herself. Am I right?

Here's the model and serial #:

FL3406745

Thanks again...

Jim

Some are service bulletins that address know issues, and some are recalls because they address safety problems like fire hazards.  If your unit is in warranty all would be repaired for free.  If it is a service bulletin that just adressed say a not cleaning well issue would not be free after the warranty time.  However the recalls like a door switch or motor that is a fire hazard, believe that would be covered no matter when you bought the unit.  Perhaps others can let us know if I am wrong in my assesment of these issues.

you can find out by calling 1-800-469-4663