Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bundyfmly

Whirlpool Refrig

3 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator, about 6-7 years old, model # GD22DQXFW00.  My in-door water dispenser is not working.  Changed out the water filter and inlet water valve in back of refrigerator, but still not working.  Lines are clear but no water is entering the water line for the dispenser.  Ice maker and ice dispenser in door is working fine.  I had taken out the small light bulb for the dispenser recently.  Could water have gotten inside where the light bulb is supposed to go and shorted it out?   HELP!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The actuating switch might be broken or the switch actuating lever may be worn and not actuating the switch.  One test for this is to depress the lever for water and measure for 120v at the water inlet valve in back of the fridge.  No voltage = bad switch.  Good volage = water supply or valve problem.

I will try this.  Will let you know the results.  Thank you for your quick response.   :)