Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest gabe

Kenmore dryer will not start.

11 posts in this topic

My Kenmore dryer was working fine until a couple of days ago when it would not start. I can still feel electricity in the start push button when it is compressed but it just does not start. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my compressing friend.  May I be so bold as to suggest that you post your model number?  Very well, I suggest you post your model number if you hope to receive any meaningful help.

I am havingthe same problem.  Last weekend my gas dryer would not start.  It runs while the start button is pressed but then stops.  The dryer is model# 110.7497230

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's most likely a bad even heat board.

I'm having the same problem, my Kenmore dryer  Series 90 model #110 8884293 buzzes when you hit the start button but nothing happens!  I opened her up to replace the belt and found it had slipped off the idler pulley so I put it back on put it back together and gave it another go, but same problem.  When I opened it up again to replace the belt this time, the idler pulley and bracket fell off and I've no idea where it goes?  That's the minor issue the major is no working dryer.  Any suggestions?

This might help:

beltrout.gif?dc=4675399380468897338

Thanks, I got the belt back on but the dryer still does not work.  Power is getting to the start button and to the timer, but ther's no heat or movement with the drum. 

You forgot to reconnect the wires to the door switch. D'OH! :dude:

no. that's done this wasn't working before I took off front and moved the idler pulley.   It just stopped out of the blue one day and won't start.  Power is going to both the starter and the timer but no heat or movement!

Does it make a humming noise when you push the button... Before it it failed when you pushed the start button did it sound different from new... I bet the motor is bad

Hey, washertech, you're one of the Master Appliantologists at the old MSN forum.  If you go ahead and register, you'll be a Master Appliantologist here, as well.  :vinnie: