Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
failed spark

Fisher and Paykel AW085U

4 posts in this topic

G, Day Everyone,

I'm having some problems getting my Fisher and Paykel Fresh 5.0 smart drive MOD. AW085U washing machine to fill...Once i have selected the wash program and then press on,  the fill valves seem to pulse on and offf and do not allow very much water into the drum...I hope the fault is not in the P.C.B as im told there expensive to replace.Can anyone please give me any information on how to fix it or any pointers on to whay may be the problem would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A smart drive will do this if a water valve is faulty or if the out of balance switch is stuck on.  Check the valves buy putting onto hot wash then press start, if the motor starts and stops but no water comes in, try on cold.  If it comes in on cold then the hot valve is faulty and vice versa as long as the water supply is good.  To check the oob switch,reach into the back rh cnr between the bowl and the top,there will be a lever , move it towards the back then the front  a couple of times and you should hear a faint clicking , if not, then the switch could be corroded and jammed and needs to be replaced. :cool:

Hye they mate,

tried all those things you came up with and im still not having any joy getting the machine going. Yhe O.O.B switch is working OK and the valves appear to be fine so I realy dont know what is our next move??

I must thank you for your help and must tell you , that you really know your stuff!

Failed Spark

It could be the lid switch, does the wash light stop blinking when you press start/pause to start the cycle and does the motor turn when it tries to fill?