The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
promptland

GE washer spin problems

2 posts in this topic

My GE Washer (Model Number WJSR2080T8WW) is having trouble with its spin cycle.  It drains the water in the tub, then it begins to start spinning but before it gets up to speed it stops spinning, though it continues to add and then drain water.  I removed the top of the washer to find that three of the four rubber corner straps had snapped.  (Part number: 123C7979 ?).  Will replacing the straps solve the problem?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I suppose it could have been going off balance enough to make it stop spinning but watch the motor while it is spinning and stopping to see if the motor cuts in and out, as there are known issues with these motors cutting out in spin.