Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Diana

Maytag Jetclean Dishwasher

5 posts in this topic

Model MDB5000AWW....probably 7 or 8 years old. Last night I set as usual, and woke to a VERY hot, dry dishwasher full of dirty dishes with all the soap spilled into bottom basin. I tried all different settings like 'pots and pans' and still no water....the sounds were right at the beginning of the cycles, but no water ever came in. ???

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like you have a bad "Water Fill Valve" or the screen in the Fill Valve has become totally plugged.

You would need to use a meter to see if you are getting 120volts to the fill valve when you put the timer at the start of a cycle. Or you could test the coil on the water valve for continuity to determine if that is your problem or not.

If you have no meter and want to test the fill valve directly you will need to make a test cord. Just a short electric cord that can be plugged into a wall socket wired directly to the two terminals on the valve. If you do this and get no water than for sure bad or plugged valve.

William Burk (Willie)

Willie's Budget Appliance Repair

Eureka, CA 95501

[user=195]Diana[/user] wrote:

the sounds were right at the beginning of the cycles, but no water ever came in. ???

More than likely the water inlet valve is burned out, as Willie says.  It's located behind the kickplate.  Easy to replace. 

00184125.jpg

Okay....part is ordered. I am a novice grasshopper to say the least, and 'water intake valve' over hard wood floors sounds scary to me. I guess beer is the secret ingredient that will make it 'easy'? ;)

As they say in the land of the rising sun, "rots and rots of beeroo, GI!"