Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mikeydawg

GE Oven wont light

2 posts in this topic

My Ge gas oven will not light. The broiler ignitor glows and after a few seconds the gas lights up. But the oven ignitor wont glow and of course wont ignite the gas. I changed the oven igniter.....(what a pain in the ***). And it still no workie. I tested for voltage at the control pannel and had 110v going to the broiler ignitor when I turned the knob to broil. I also had 110v going to the oven ignitor when the control was set to bake. I verified the voltages at the contorl valve. I checked the resistance of the glow ignitor for the oven and I didnt get any reading at all..(open circuit?). I also checked the ignitor that I removed and it also had no reading. Am I on the right track that I have another bad ignitor? Help Me Please!

Model #EGR3000ED1BB

Thanks,

Mike Woityra

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If I were in the service call, I'd measure the voltage at the ignitor wiring harness, looking for 120v.  Not go, I'd measure the continuity of the bi-metal in the gas valve.  This page explains more:

http://fixitnow.com/2004/09/appliance-repair-revelation.htm