Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Air conditioning

bradman

K. The air in my travel trailer will not come on. i replaced the circuit board, and nothing. When i turn the air on, the only thing i get is a "clicking" noise coming from the circuit board. i had noticed, before it quit working, that when walking around the camper (without the jack stands down), and it "moving" from the footsteps and weight, that i heard the same clicking sound and the air would stop for a few seconds then come back on. Now all i hear is the clicking....No "on"/ "work". i took the cover of the top to see if the motor may be frozen. It's not. But i did notice two round cylinders under a cover that are some kind of starting unit. One looks like it has a fuse,or, circuit breaker on the top of it.

It's a Duo Term by Domestic. i'll get the numbers i needed, if someone has an idea as to what the problem may be, but, so far, i have seen nothing here for this type of unit.

Poking and hoping

brad

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those duo therm units are pretty reliable

the two parts you saw do you have a pic?

I think that is the start capacitor and overload

and these are cheap enough even if it wasnt the problem

you would still be money ahead. Bunkleys is the outfit I use when working on duo therm

http://www.bunkleyrvs.com/

First, thank you for responding, applianceman.

No, i don't have a picture. i've been trying to search for such a thing, but to no avail. Both parts look like the coils that fed the points on the cars of old, one larger than the other, but both smaller than the old style car coils i remember from the 60's.

i took another look and one of them says "CAPACITRON", it's the one with what looks like a fuse/circuit breaker plugged into the top of it. On the fuse it says....MOTOR STARTER.

The other cylinder is a bit larger and is stamped with the words CAMBRIDGE CAPACITORS.

i haven't a clue man. Solve this one for me and i'll make it my mission to someday personally deliver a case of Falstaff to your door step. Again, thanks for any help you can give me.

brad

If you have one of these you can test these two

the capacitor should jump and fall it should not go over and stay nor do nothing

when reversing the polarity on the cap it should have a jumpup and then the needle fall

now the other one marked fuse should read continulity on it.

PS aint no falstaff been brewed in years....Its a nostalgic thing for me.

post-4554-129045097094_thumb.jpg

Archived