Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
cjd568

Maytag Dishwasher DWU8860AAX trips GFI

5 posts in this topic

Once every few months my Maytag Dishwasher DWU8860AAX trips the GFI in the middle of the cycle. If I reset it, it just trips again. but, if I wait a few hours or until the next day, I can reset it and it continues through the wash. Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Why is your dishwasher on a GFCI?  Also, if it isn't already, it should be on its own dedicated circuit with a separate breaker.

Its on the same circuit as my kitchen GFCI outlets. It is actually plugged into a regular non-GFCI outlet.

I would prefer it to be on a dedicated circuit but its been this way for about 10 years now and I never use the heater element, so it shouldn't draw much.

What I do is "re-route" the dishwasher to another outlet/circuit using an extension cord and wait until it behaves again. I did that last night and it also tripped the GFCI on a different circuit. Today, it works on the original circuit! Go figure.

Remove the kickplates and examine underneath the dishwasher with a flashlight for any moisture.

Removing the kickplate is not easy because it is somewhat built-in. But if these problems get worse, its the first thing I'll do.

Dōmo arigatō.