Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
MSchett2

Water Dispenser not working

5 posts in this topic

The water dispenser on my KitchenAid KSBS20Q refridgerator has stopped working. It was working sporatically, but has now stopped. It was taking about 10 seconds to start then would work after a second or two, but again now it doesn't work. The ice maker is working and gets water. I checked the switch and it is getting power and has connectivity when closed. It is a double switch and the light is working so I know it is being depressed. I am thinking it is the solinoid. It must have a double so the ice maker is getting water and the water dispenser one is stuck and not working. Am I right? Are there more things I should check? The water flow was good when it was working and the ice maker gets water so I don't think it is the line. I don't appear to have a filter (at least I haven't found one) so that can't be clogged.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like a fill valve going bad on the dispenser side.  If it had a filter it would feed both sides. Unless the water line is freezing up to the disp.

To test it I thought I could go to the resevoir inside the fridge.  If I disconnect the lines I could see if water was coming in past the valve.  If that works I could check for a clog from the resevoir to the dispenser.

To make it easy make you a test cord and go right to the disp side of the fill valve to see if you get water going direct to the valve.  You could also have a broken wire in the door or where the harness goes thru the door hinge also.