Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
TNhunter

Whirlpool side/side refrigerator/freezer stopped cooling

5 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool MOdel ED25QFXHB01 side/side refrigerator that stopped cooling yesterday. Both fans are running. The defrost timer seems to be operating correctly. The compressor was pretty hot to touch. When I first plug it in both fans come on and about 5-10 seconds later I hear the start relay click but don't really think the compressor is kicking on. I don't hear it and don't feel any vibration from it running. I just pulled of what I think is the start relay and it is rattling. I've read somewhere on here that if that is the case the start relay is fried. I'm wanting to make sure this is most likely my problem before buying the part, and I want to do this myself since local repair shops are wanting like $150 to come out and "fix" it. If this is indeed the part - what do I order and where? The part I have is a KLIXON 4SP1024. See pics below:

KLIXON1.jpg

KLIXON2.jpg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Your diagnosis is correct.  You can get the part right at the bottom of this page.

Thanks - part will be ordered in just a few minutes.

I received the part today. Installed it and now problem solved. My refrigerator/freezer are cooling again. Thanks!

:party: