Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
risktaker99

Maytag side by side fridge--warm on food side

28 posts in this topic

How about....

A small crack or leak in the glass tube allowing water to get in. Then you get a short when it goes into defrost.and you trip the GFI.

I'm amazed that these glass heaters last. They tell you not to get finger prints, skin oil, or any grease on them, or it can ruin the heater. If it's that fragile, how's it going to take the ice and cold water dropping on it when it's red hot?

Nick

It's funny, all this writing, and if we were there it would be a quick and easy call.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=425]nickfixit[/user] wrote:

It's funny, all this writing, and if we were there it would be a quick and easy call.

Next time, remind me to ask for a picture at the beginning of a thread!

...I agree about the stupid design of these heaters. As for the service call, I see you're in Detroit. I'm in New Jersey. Unfortunately, there are not to many competant service people who will come at the drop of a hat. If I had one, I'd treat him like gold. They're hard to find.

Thanks again. BTW, I hope it was the ice and not a crack in the heater glass. I'd hate to have to take the frig apart again for the third time!!