Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Samurai Appliance Repair Man

How to Safely Test for Gas Leaks Using a Candle

13 posts in this topic

Here's a good video that demonstrates the technique of how to safely use a candle to test gas pressure. Works for all combustibles: LP, natural gas, and methane, etc.:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

OMG! Those were freaking amazing! What's with that DA using his lighter to look inside a gasoline tanker? Can't believe that motorcycle dude was still alive after that vertical triple gainer! Crazy website!

:yikes:I nominate for a DARWIN AWARD!!!!

You know how they used to say that using a cell phone while refueling your car could cause a fire? You can still see the warning signs at some stations. The real reason? Static electricity picked up by sliding across you car seat to get the cell phone. Your choice of AVI or MOV, courtesy of the Petroleum Equipment Institute. See it at:

http://www.pei.org/Index.aspx?p=stop_static

If I thought broke back mountain was a movie based on the climbing lessons I'd have watched it.

Why don't we use explosives or TNT to check for gas leaks while we're at it. You guys are all NUTS!

i got a home builder good the last time i had to repair a gas leak and test afterwards

did my repair, did bubble test then went and marked the meter and sat watching meter and had a cigar, the home builder came out and asked what i was doing, so i said " testing for leaks", he said  "shouldn't you be inside!"

reply "hell no! if it blows up i wanna be out here"

heres your sign!  :withstupid:

for the record, we are no longer allowed to service gas appliances in my province without a gas fitters licence  :(

lol. "Do you smell BBQ?"

Connect a catheter to that horse and get that Amish heater going.

[user=4554]applianceman18007260692[/user] wrote:

Connect a catheter to that horse and get that Amish heater going.

Beefarino works better.

"Whoa ! Rusty !"

Uhm... Candle and lighter? These are pretty dangerous methods.

G.E.:

You need to start reading from the top of the thread, and watch the videos.

That should clarify it for you!