Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

SAMSUNG ANYONE?

RTFM

anyone else have trouble collecting pay for labor and parts from samsung for warranty work? or have they joined the deadbeat company list as well? I turned down a sealed system job on a fridge today because of that issue and the customer was pissed  i wouldnt do the job for free(warranty in her mind) and is  gonna complain to samsung. I told her if she does, please  remind them to pay me.........

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had problems getting paid from them as well. By the time you get paid for the work you forgot they owed you in the first place. I'm used to working COD calls so keeping up with billing is a big pitfall for me and I have on occasion taken a chance on a small job for the access to tech support that comes with it. When I dealt with them I would have them ship the parts to the customer. I'd trade my time for knowledge if they didn't pay but wouldn't put any of my money on the line for it. I think in total I only did about 5 jobs for them.

its sounding like thier dollars dont convert any better into canadian dollars either, i've had several customers call my cell to ask when i am comming back, and when i asked the shop they told me "we are waiting for samsung to pay for the last calls"

also they cant send out the correct part even if you send them a picture of the damn thing!!!

You picked a bad day to make this thread! i should wait to post this until i have discussed things with my samsung rep. my biggest issue is getting parts. when you call they tell you they are busy and to use the website. when you use the website the appliance isn't listed. when you order parts they never show up. The different departments don't talk to each other. customer service does a follow up call with the customer 1 or 2 days after the service date. the customer says "we are waiting for parts" samsung calls us and asks where the parts are. We respond with "you tell us, we ordered them from you" Today we got a call from a samsung customer who is patiently waiting for parts and the rep told them that the tech probably forgot about you the second he left your house. This customer called us to let us know Samsung is bad mouthing us. Aren't manufacturers and authorized warranty providers supposed to be on the same team? I have scheduled myself some time on thursday to call samsung and end my contract. I hope i can get a hold of my rep, the last time i tried she wouldn't answer and her voice mailbox was full....im done!

have you ever seen the samsung apartment sized dryers missing the motor pulley?

i've lost count of the ones i have already

nope, most of what i have seen is side by side and french door refrigerators and a few full size laundry sets.

• 5 months later...

speaking of samsung....

here's a news story I got from China CSR

Samsung Recalls Substandard Refrigerators In China

Following an explosion of one of its Jiperu refrigerators in South Korea, Samsung Electronics has decided to recall some of its refrigerators which are sold in China.

It is reported that the product is sold in China as Samsung RSH1.

Samsung says that it has filed a recall application to China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine and is waiting for AQSIQ's approval for the recall. The company states that the recall will be made according to the schedule released by AQSIQ.

Meanwhile, Samsung has apologized to its Chinese consumers for the inconvenience brought to them and says the recall is also the company's response to the Chinese government's defective products recall initiative. It also stated that as a leading consumer electronics provider, it would continue to improve its product quality and safety standards to benefit the whole society.

On October 10, 2009 a Jiperu refrigerator made in 2006 by Samsung exploded in a house in South Korea. The blast was so powerful that it shattered the room's doors and windows. Samsung's investigation shows that excessive frost in the refrigerant piping of the refrigerator caused an electric leakage in the electric coupler of the refrigerator, which finally led to the explosion.

Samsung has already announced a recall of the Jiperu in South Korea,: involving 210,000 refrigerators.

As someone who is EXTREMELY familiar with the shortcomings of Samsung built product (can you say NEPTUNE?), I get a REAL kick from their latest commercial about how "quiet" and "stable" their new front load washer is...

A child is stacking various & sundry toys/bolts/junk, etc. on the front of the machine at maximum spin...yet nothing moves or falls down!

I guess they only dance across the floor and/or fly across the room if you stick a Maytag Neptune Badge on them (MAH9700 and 8700 series)....:goofball:

Archived