Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

The road to work....

certified tech group 51

Out here on the oregon coast, I drive apx. 50 mile of coast line. Some days you look out and see the whales migrating north or south ,  depending on the season...late nights you see crab boats on the horizon... Since i'm the boss and only tech, ( plus I do most of the scheduling )  I give myself alot of time between calls,  just in case I want to pull over and watch the waves for a while.  A lot of my calls are down deadend roads,  80% are gravel roads, some are two tracks of gravel.....some times I have to get out of the van and open/close cattle gates( a few llamas)... One service call.." ya come up the drive apiece..  turn left  at the big tree with the broken branch laying near the cattle guard, cross the field, can't miss the house." ......... Only house for 15 miles around....    Don't  make alot of money but the area makes everything turn out right . If I turn around in my  desk chair, I can see  the river  300 feet away  with unobstructed views up and down the river..Last weekend about 50 elk on the farside eating and then bedding down for an afternoon rest....also  salmon fishing...crabbing......

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Awwwwwesome! Post some pics! :cool:

DSCN4561.jpg

The Alsea Bay Bridge in the background with my service van.

DSCN4552.jpg

View from the office window of the Alsea River.

DSCN4554.jpg

Another view from the office window.

DSCN4559.jpg

Fog on the mountains

DSCN4560.jpg

Alsea Bay bridge in Waldport, Oregon

DSCN4562.jpg

Alsea Bay and Pacific Ocean

I'd kill for that kind of a view. 

Where I'm at, the most I can look forward to seeing is corn fields and hail storms.

grrrrrr

now i'm even more pissed off that i cant border cross because of a DUI over a decade ago :(

• Team Samurai

Nice pix! You're one lucky dude, CTG51! :dude:

• 4 weeks later...

[user=20728]BrntToast[/user] wrote:

grrrrrr

now i'm even more pissed off that i cant border cross because of a DUI over a decade ago :(

Dammit, are the Ameedicans so scared of the possibility of you DUI-ing again?

• Team Samurai

[user=20728]BrntToast[/user] wrote:

grrrrrr

Hang in there a while longer, Brnt. Ameedica, Canada, and Mehico are all bankrupt and in the process of being foreclosed on by the international bankers. Soon, it'll all be one big economic and political plantation with a single currency and you'll be able to come and go as you please... as long as you have your RFID implant so they can track your movements. :borg:

My "last" refrigeration service call: :)

First - take the tram up to the start of the trail

untitled1.jpg

Now follow the path 

untitled2.jpg

Be sure to hold on to the 'railing'

untitled3.jpg

Keep an eye on the person in front of you
untitled4.jpg

Be very careful when passing someone going in the opposite direction

untitled5.jpg

Now just up a few steps. (they are on the left in the picture)

untitled6.jpg

Gets a little steeper here - so put your toes in the holes

untitled7.jpg

A few more steps to go

untitled8.jpg

Finally in sight.... 'THE RESTAURANT' !!!

untitled9.jpg

This restaurant is in China

If you manage to reach the restaurant the food is FREE

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

And if you don't?

[user=10234]Keinokuorma[/user] wrote:

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

And if you don't?

Then your trip home is free............in the hearse.

• 4 weeks later...

So this is a section of MY road to work...

I got back to work in my cinema, which was under renovation for a long time, so I will be rather preoccupied for the nights and weekends to come... little time to post here, but I will read frequently.

post-10234-129045102578_thumb.jpg

post-10234-129045102908_thumb.jpg

Archived