LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Technical Problem

RegUS_PatOff

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS INDIA.

THIS IS WHERE YOU CALL WHEN YOU HAVE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM WITH YOUR COMPUTER.

post-3641-129045101232_thumb.jpg

post-3641-129045101464_thumb.jpg

• Team Samurai

OMG! :yikes:

Suddenly, I'm a little less hostile to all the asinine and picayune regamalations we have here in Ameedica. But just a little.

Yeah, Dell Computers award winning tech help center.

I hope Apu knows where the fire extinguisher is.

This is what we professionals refer to as a "dogs breakfast"

Nick

Well THAT is a hassle...:yikes:

Mom told me she recently watched a TV documentary from Georgia, Russia... there was this transformer house, where the villagers had all tapped their wires as they liked. With no meter, fuses, or anything... I just hope I had seen that! One guy had fed power to his house with floor lamp cord... imagine anything wired with 100 metres of 0,75 SQmm 'cable', without fuses etc... A couple people had died, and some houses burned down, either of which I don't wonder at all.

I remember one guy near where I grew up, had the electricity cut off for non-payment, and decided to go and hook the house up to the supply on the railway line outside the house. 25 kV AC flashes over at about 8"........

Ow! :yikes::burning::poison:

Did he manage to burn his house, or just crisp himself up?

Well, let's put it like this, it never made it to his house. 25 kV is somewhat unforgiving......

• 4 months later...

On a pick-up call I went out on for an old 25" console TV.  We took the back off in the house to see if there might be an obvious prob.

Come to find a rat stradling the gap between the tripler and flyback, he was one crispy critter.

On a pick-up call I went out on for an old 25" console TV.  We took the back off in the house to see if there might be an obvious prob.

Come to find a rat stradling the gap between the tripler and flyback, he was one crispy critter.

Archived