Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest zeinyx

GE washer mod wbxr1060t2ww

12 posts in this topic

I have a fairly new ge large capacity washer mod # wbxr1060t2ww.   It spins when on spin cycle but the tub always is in like a neutral setting., it always spins.,  the agitation does not turn the tub, but yet i can spin the tub while the washer is running, free spin.  Like I said, it will spin on the spin cycle, but that is it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Z

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

bad transmission.  The brake should always be engaged except during spin.  How new is it?  Don't use your highest water level setting or that thing will flood your house.

I'm having trouble understanding what the problem is. Is water spilling over the top and leaking on the floor?

samuri,

the problem is that the washer will spin on the spin cycle.  But other than that... will not agitate.  Though at any time other than the spin cycle, i can spin the tub around with my hand.  After the spin cycle shuts off.... the tub will just spin until it finally comes to a resting spot.... usually taking about a 30 sec to a minute

This sounds like a bad brake assembly, a common problem on these washers.  It's a complete teardown to replace it and it's not worth doing.  Save your money, never buy anymore GE junk again, and buy a nice front loader:

http://fixitnow.com/2005/03/washing-machine-shootout-staber-vs.htm

This sounds like what my GE washer is doing.  I've had it for 5 years.  The model # is WCSR2070TBWW.  My washer would get stuck on the spin cycle.  And now it won't agitate.  I'm not sure if it's worth it to fix it or if I should get a new washer.  What did you do?

Is there any way to tell how old my GE washer, model WBXR1060t2ww, is?  I just moved into the house, found it's leaking and have no idea whether it's worth fixing.

Jedi, you're the GE guy, nothing on this one?

If your trying to figure the date your appliance was manufactured, most of the time you will need the serial number to do so.

Here's a site that will help you in figuring the age of your applainces CLICK HERE

Do you have the wiring diagram for the WBXR1060T2WW? if yes could you possibly scan it and post the picture so I can download it? I cannot locate mine(don't remember it being there the first time I repaired it and it is not there now).

Thanks

Harry, have you ever opened the control consule on your washer, (the panel that has the timer and all controls). That is where you will usually find the wiring diagram on this unit.

I've had the control panel apart a few times. First time I had to replace the timer because the 2 plastic clips that hold it in place broke and this week to try and fix my washer when it filled and stopped. Don't remember seeing it the first time and it is definetly not there now. I'm assuming its a piece of paper and not a sticker on a panel. Is this correct?