Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
handyman

GE Profile Arctica Side-by-Side

4 posts in this topic

I cannot get the water dispenser to work on my refrigerator.  It has worked in the past, but quit a while back.  I have tried to figure out what the problem is, but have been unsuccessful.  Would it matter if I went ahead and swapped out the water filter??  Any help would be appreciated.  :?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

A model number and age might help.  Is that all that's wrong?  Is it freezing things in the fresh food side? Do you have a meter or test light?

The model number is PSS25NGMB WN (I believe that is it.. It is hard to read the guys writing on the manual)...  It is about 3 years old now.  No other problems that I can see.  It did freeze up one time, but I do not believe that is the problem now. I do have a voltmeter if that is what  you are asking... 

Could be:

The solenoid valve

304368_2_M.jpg

or frozen tubing near the reservoir

#810 812 in the picture below

00107713i07.gif

Could be a broken damper (#426 in the picture above)

could be frozen water tubing inside the freezer door or even the switch on the door (#72 in the picture below)

00107713i01.gif

A good starting point might be put your ear to the fridge and try to dispense a glass of water.  Do you hear the click of the switch?  Do you hear the hum from the solenoid?  Is the solenoid getting power when it is supposed to,  but not doing what it's supposed to when it's getting power? 

You can remove that valve assembly from the fridge with out disconnecting it so that you may check it.  Just be carefull when cramming it back in.