Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
risktaker99

Maytag S/S icemaker doesn't work

3 posts in this topic

First, this site is fabulous. I had a problem with the fridge being to warm. You recommended replacing the defrost heater. It worked... now 40 degrees all the time. My wife has told all her friends and they think I'm a genius... Now the bad news. After a week working fine, we came home and found water leaking out of the back of the fridge. It was leaking out of the top of the fill line to the icemaker. I thought the problem was a weak clamp, so I replaced it. No more leak....but then I noticed that the icemaker was not producing ice. It seems to cycle--but no ice. From reading previous posts, I conclude that the tube must be frozen. If so, why would that happen after it worked for one week? Is the solution to unfreeze the tube with a hairdryer and see if that works? ...and if I do that wouldn't the problem just happen again. I just hope I didn't disturb anything when I took apart the back of the freezer.

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like a frozen line, defrost and see how it goes. A fill valve going bad can cause this also.  There are thru tube heater kits out for this frozen line problem for other brands, but I do not know if Maytag is having this problem. Some one else in here will know. Might have froze up when the water leak was going on.

I just removed the icemaker and used a hairdryer to unfreeze the tube. I think/hope your right that it must have frozen when the tube was leaking. My thought was that it froze first thereby causing the leak because there was too much pressure at the joint. The question is why did it freeze in the first place. Oh well let's hope it doesn't happen again. I put everything back together and initiated a "manual harvest".  H20 flowed into the icemaker....whoopee!!

Thanks for your help.